For many years, “install and forget” was the watchword of installation deployment. The installations in question were infrequently, or never, updated.
The increasing need for vulnerability management and malware protection has highlighted the need for a strong focus on patch management.
“Unfortunately, software vulnerabilities are such that after a patch is installed today, a new vulnerability must be addressed tomorrow.” (Microsoft Patterns and Practices)
A patch management process must include:
- Automated detection of missing security patches;
- Assessment of the risk(s) involved if a patch has not been installed;
- Upload of the relevant patch if a vulnerability is not already being addressed;
- Change management-vital to every stage of the patch management process
- Testing patches to validate their impact on your production configuration;
- Roll out patches;
- Audit and assessment, and,
Some of the major benefits, to you, of implementing ISCS’s Patch Management are real time visibility and control-capable of managing hundreds of thousands computers; fixed or mobile, located anywhere in the world, on public or private networks, simultaneously and in real-time, without the need for servers or management resources; Benefits also include scalability-actions executed locally on each endpoint, in parallel, across the entire network, no server bottlenecks, and support for multiple platform environments and topologies-desktops, laptops, servers; Linux, Macintosh, Windows, UNIX.
Contact us for an obligation free discussion about your needs and how Control Security’s Patch Management would help you.